YAVAPAI COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY IMPROVEMENT
DISTRICTS, BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT, FREE LIBRARY DISTRICT
AND JAIL DISTRICT
Tuesday, July 3, 2018 - 9:00 A.M.
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor Yavapai County Administrative Services Building 1015 Fair Street, Prescott, Arizona
ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. THE ORDER OF ITEMS MAY BE MODIFIED AT THE MEETING. NOTE: ONE OR MORE BOARD MEMBERS MAY ATTEND TELEPHONICALLY. BOARD MEMBERS ATTENDING TELEPHONICALLY WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE MEETING.
HEARING AID DEVICES FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED ARE AVAILABLE AT BOTH BOARD HEARING ROOMS. REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD BE MADE AT LEAST THREE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE OF A SCHEDULED MEETING.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE by Pastor Mike Cool, Lifepointe Church
SUPERVISORS' REPORTS AND COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
Pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K), individual Supervisors and the County Administrator may present brief summaries of current events but no discussion may occur and no action may be taken regarding anything that is presented.
1. Board of Supervisors - Presentation by Arizona Public Service (APS) on their new Solar Communities Program, by Mackenzie Rogers, Northwest Division Manager and Maggie Gibbs, Customer Technology Project Implementation.
1. Board of Supervisors - Approve minutes of meeting of June 20, 2018.
2. Board of Supervisors - Approve an amendment to extend an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with Coconino County to provide Restoration to Competency Services to Coconino County pre-trial detainees. YC Contract No. 2018-264.
3. Board of Supervisors - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Poquito Valley Road Improvement District and following consideration of the following item, will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors -Approve execution of the attached affidavit, which is required for ownership of Assessor Parcel #103-01-244R to be transferred to the Poquito Valley Road Improvement District. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
4. Board of Supervisors - Approve agreement for Planning & Zoning Hearing Officer Services for July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2020, at a cost not to exceed $4,999.00. Larry Jacobs, Hearing Officer. YC Contract No. 2018-262.
5. Board of Supervisors - Approve agreement for Planning & Zoning Hearing Officer Services for July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2020, at a cost not to exceed $4,999.00. Peter Van Haren, Hearing Officer. YC Contract No. 2018-263
6. Board of Supervisors - Approve vouchers for June 11, 2018 through June 22, 2018.
7. County Attorney - Approve acceptance of a grant agreement between the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission and the County Attorney's Office in the total amount of $117,781.00 to cover the approximate cost of one attorney position to prosecute PANT cases. YC Contract No. 2018-253
8. County Attorney - Approve Waiver of Conflict regarding an agreement for an Educational Transition Program for Yavapai County Juvenile Offenders and Children and Juvenile Dependency Proceedings Agreement between Yavapai County through the Yavapai County School Superintendent, the Yavapai Accommodation School District #99, Yavapai County Juvenile Probation Department and Yavapai County Superior Court.
9. Development Services - Approve a Use Permit to allow for horse boarding and events; and a waiver of Section 567 (Protective Screening) on an approximate 14 acre parcel in an R1L-70 (Residential; Single Family; Limited; 70,000 min. sq. ft. lot size) zoning district, subject to the recommended stipulations.; Kenilworth Capital Inc.; Jake D. Krueger and Jaclynn Greer; APN: 502-02-011W; HA# H18021. The parcel is located on the west side of South Old Black Canyon Highway on the north end of East Deep Canyon Trail in the Community of Black Canyon City. S33-T09N-R02E G&SRB&M. (District 2 - Supervisor Thurman)
10. Development Services - Approve a Use Permit to allow for a 1,440 sq. ft. guesthouse that exceeds 25% of the primary livable space per section 537 in an R1L-2A (Residential; Single Family Limited to site built structures only; 2-acre min. lot size); on an approximate 3-acre parcel, subject to the recommended stipulations.; Gerald Jones, Mary Jones, Deborah Neff; APN: 103-63-097; HA# H18017. (District 2 - Supervisor Thurman)
11. Elections - Approve cancellation of the August 28, 2018, election for precinct committeemen for the Democratic, Green, Libertarian and Republican parties and appoint those candidates who filed their nomination petitions or write-in nomination papers in their respective parties and precincts.
12. Public Works - Approve slash cleanup participation for the Walker/Potato Patch area for an approximate cost of $15,000.00 to be paid from the General Fund Slash Account. (District 5 - Supervisor Smith)
13. Public Works - Approve a letter of support for a BUILD grant application that is being completed by the Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning Organization to request funding for a series of projects on State Route 89 within the Town of Chino Valley, and consider a commitment of $500,000.00 of Regional Roads funds towards the construction phase of this project, contingent upon the award of a BUILD grant. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
14. Public Works - Approve the execution of an Easement Purchase Agreement for a 583 square foot corner of Lot 95 of the Ho-Kay-Gan Village Plat Three Subdivision. YC Contract # 2018-268 (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
15. Public Works - Approve Change Order #1 (Final) in the decreased amount of $24,978.70 with Asphalt Paving & Supply, Inc. for Overlay (Western, FY 2017-2018) in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1722055. YC Contract No. 2018-031A1 (District 1 - Supervisor Simmons; District 4 - Supervisor Brown; District 5 - Supervisor Smith)
16. Public Works - Award contracts to all bidders at various unit prices for Supply and/or Supply and Deliver Rock Material in Yavapai County, AZ - Contract #1822623. YC Contract Nos. 2018-254 through 2018-256 (All Districts)
17. Sheriff - Accept annual funding from the Arizona Community Foundation of Yavapai County for the 2018 ACF-Yavapai Coordinated Release Program. YC Contract No. 2018-265
18. Sheriff - Accept annual funding from the Arizona Community Foundation of Yavapai County in the amount of $5,415.00 to support the K-9 Unit. YC Contract No. 2018-266
19. Superior Court - Approve the appointment of Brandi Suitor Justice of the Peace Pro Tempore for Yarnell Justice Court for the period July 3, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
1. Board of Supervisors - Tentative approval of the County Primary and Secondary Budgets for Fiscal Year 2018-2019. Phil Bourdon, County Administrator
2. Board of Supervisors - Resolve into the Board of Directors of the special and improvement districts for the purpose of giving tentative approval to their fiscal year 2018-2019 budgets and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Phil Bourdon, County Administrator
a. Yavapai County Flood Control District
b. Yavapai County Free Library District
c. Yavapai County Jail District
d. Ash Fork Street Lighting Improvement District
e. Seligman Street Lighting Improvement District
f. Yarnell Street Lighting Improvement District
g. Seligman Sanitary District
h. Coyote Springs Road Improvement District 2
i. Poquito Valley Road Improvement District
3. Board of Supervisors - Discussion and consideration of approval of a Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS) policy in accordance with House Bill 2097 and A.R.S. § 38-863.01. Phil Bourdon, County Administrator
4. Facilities - Discussion and consideration of approval of a project for the Facilities department to coordinate the placement of a Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial on the Yavapai County Courthouse Plaza, as well as Board acceptance of the ownership and perpetual maintenance of the memorial. (District 1 - Supervisor Simmons)
5. Human Resources - Approve a Resolution No. 1986 in accordance with A.R.S. §23-901.06 establishing workers' compensation benefits for volunteers.
6. Human Resources - Approve revisions to Human Resources Policies and Procedures 1.05, 2.01, 4.01, 5.01 and 6.01.
1. Development Services - Approve a Wireless Use Permit to allow for the construction and operation of a new 150’ monopole cellular tower with an equipment compound on an approximate 3.6 acre parcel in an RCU-2A (Residential; Rural; 2 acre lot size) zoning district. The applicant is also requesting a waiver of solid screening, a waiver from setbacks with a proof of collapse, and a waiver of new wireless facilities being built within 1,500 ft. of residences, subject to the recommended stipulations. Markin Allen Investments LLC; Neal Talaske, Pinnacle Consulting Inc.; APN: 100-01-008C; HA# H18001. The subject parcel is located on the north side of N Skyline Drive off of Iron Springs Road west of the City of Prescott. S22 T14N R03W G&SRB&M (District 1 - Supervisor Simmons)
2. Development Services - Approve a Use Permit to allow for an additional five sheep or goats exceeding the allowed maximum of 12, per section 501, on an approximate 2.52-acre parcel in an RCU-2A (Residential; Single Family; Rural; 2-acre min. lot size) zoning district, subject to the recommended stipulations.; Terole Carmack; Robin Kerr; APN: 306-02-393D; HA# H18020. The parcel is located north of W Road 2 South and east of the Town of Chino Valley. S29-T16N-R02W G&SRB&M. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
1. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(3) and (A)(4) for legal advice, consultation and discussion regarding Kane County, Utah, vs. The United States of America.
2. Board of Supervisors – Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A) (7) for discussion regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property.
1. Board of Supervisors - Consider such action as may be required regarding Kane County, Utah v. The United States of America.
2. Board of Supervisors – Consider such action as may be required regarding purchase, sale or lease of real property.
COPIES OF THE AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ OFFICE, 1015 FAIR STREET, ROOM 310, PRESCOTT, ARIZONA, OR AT THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ COTTONWOOD OFFICE, 10 SOUTH 6TH STREET, COTTONWOOD, ARIZONA, AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY PRECEDING THE MEETING. THE AGENDA IS ALSO AVAILABLE AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON THURSDAY ON THE INTERNET AT: WWW.YAVAPAI.US . ANY AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGENDA WILL BE NOTICED AS PROVIDED IN A.R.S. 38-431.02 AND WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE MEETING RESULTS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE MEETING.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Board of Supervisors’ Office at (928) 771-3200, TDD# (928) 771-3530 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged.
Posted: , at : by