YAVAPAI COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY IMPROVEMENT
DISTRICTS, BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT, FREE LIBRARY DISTRICT
AND JAIL DISTRICT
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 - 9:00 a.m.
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor Yavapai County Administrative Services Building 1015 Fair Street, Prescott, Arizona
ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. THE ORDER OF ITEMS MAY BE MODIFIED AT THE MEETING. NOTE: ONE OR MORE BOARD MEMBERS MAY ATTEND TELEPHONICALLY. BOARD MEMBERS ATTENDING TELEPHONICALLY WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE MEETING.
HEARING AID DEVICES FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED ARE AVAILABLE AT BOTH BOARD HEARING ROOMS. REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD BE MADE AT LEAST THREE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE OF A SCHEDULED MEETING.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE by Associate Pastor Jason Drumm, Canyon Bible Church
SUPERVISORS' REPORTS AND COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
Pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K), individual Supervisors and the County Administrator may present brief summaries of current events but no discussion may occur and no action may be taken regarding anything that is presented.
1. Board of Supervisors - Presentation and update by Leon Thomas, District Manager, Bureau of Land Management, and Rem Hawes, Phoenix District, Hassayampa Field Manager, regarding the District's engagement with the county.
2. Board of Supervisors- Presentation and introduction to the Prescott Heritage Trail and Hunt for History. John Heiney, City of Prescott Community Outreach Manager.
3. Board of Supervisors - Presentation and update on the activities of Yavapai College. Dr. Penny Wills, President, Yavapai College.
4. Board of Supervisors - Presentation from the Lions of Yavapai regarding the Vision Impaired Assistance Program available to eligible members of the community. Paul Chastain, member of the Lions of Yavapai organization.
5. Board of Supervisors - Presentation of Certificate of Appreciation to Robert Betts, in recognition of his tireless commitment to Prescott Area Wildland Urban Interface Commission (PAWUIC), as Chairman.
1. Board of Supervisors - Approve minutes of meeting of October 18, 2017.
2. Board of Supervisors - Approve removal of precinct committeemen as recommended by the Yavapai County Republican Party, all as evidenced in Board Memorandum No. 2017-12.
3. Board of Supervisors - Approve request of the Sedona-Oak Creek Airport Authority to extend budget submission deadline of 30 days, until November 17, 2017.
4. Board of Supervisors - Approve vouchers
5. Community Health Services - Approve two (2) employees to take one county vehicle out of state to attend the National Healthcare Coalition Preparedness Conference in San Diego, California November 28-30, 2017.
6. County Attorney - Approve acceptance of funds from the Arizona Criminal Justice Commission and establishment of a new fund for a Felony Pretrial Intervention Program.
7. County Attorney - Approve Deputy Yavapai County Attorney Joy Biedermann to attend the National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) Bankruptcy from a Government Perspective Seminar at the Georgia Coastal Center in Savannah, Georgia, from November 13-16, 2017.
8. Facilities - Approve proposal for $31,871.18 from Specialty Paving and Grading, LLC for budgeted Capital project to pave the parking lot at Yarnell Justice Facility, and authorize the Director of Facilities to sign all documents relative to the project. Kenny Van Keuren, Facilities/Capital Improvements Director
9. Flood Control District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Flood Control District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Approve completion of a 1-year recertification document for the Yavapai County Flood Control District's Community Rating System (CRS) Program and execution of the document that will be provided to the Federal Emergency Management Agency and National Flood Insurance Program. All County Areas.
11. Human Resources - Approve new job description for the Sheriff's Office: Inmate Release Coordinator
12. Library District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Free Library District and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Approval to accept and expend $10,000.00 from the Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records for a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant that was awarded to the Library District for purchasing electronic library materials for the purposes of testing the Digital Public Library of America's digital materials platform and establish of a new fund number for the grant funds.
13. Library District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Free Library District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Approve an agreement with MoveIt Specialized Logistics in the amount of $569.43 to provide the delivery and return of leased printers.
14. Library District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Free Library District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors - Approve an amendment to the July 1, 2017 agreement with Yavapai Courier Service for an additional $1,800.00 to provide the delivery of library materials to the Clark Memorial Library.
15. Public Works - Approve the addition of seven roads to the Public Works FY 2017/2018 Road Upgrade List. The roads are Cedar Cove, Hillside Cove, Pine Cone Way, Grant St, Libby Loop Rd, Reynolds Rd, and Old Mud Springs Rd. To be paid from existing HURF budgeted funds. (District 1 - Supervisor Simmons; District 2 - Supervisor Thurman)
16. Public Works - Approve Authorization of Services #1722562 with Civiltec Engineering, Inc. in the amount not to exceed $84,861.00 for engineering and surveying services for Williamson Valley Road Phase 1 Improvements. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
17. Public Works - Approve Change Order #1 (Final) in the decreased amount of $5,548.55 with Fann Contracting, Inc. for Willow Creek Road-Pioneer Parkway Mill and Overlay in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1719345. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
18. Public Works - Approve extension to December 31, 2017, for completion of services of Authorization of Services #1722018 with Speedie and Associates. No county funds required. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
19. Sheriff - Approve one (1) employee to take a county vehicle out of state to attend Critical Incident Stress Management training in San Diego, California from December 7 - 10, 2017.
20. Sheriff - Approve continuation of Portable Radio Project funding from the AZ Department of Homeland Security for Phase II of the project in the amount of $44,955.00.
1. Board of Supervisors - Approve Proclamation in recognition of Veterans on Veterans Day, November 11, 2017.
2. Jail District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Jail District and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Consider approval of a resolution proposing the extension of the existing Jail District excise (sales) tax and directing that approval of the extension of the sales tax be placed on the ballot for the election to be held on March 13, 2018. Phil Bourdon, County Administrator.
1. Development Services- Hearing for consideration of a text amendment to the Zoning Ordinance Sections 301, 413, 501 & 564 to amend the definition of Steel Storage Container in section 301 and add language in sections 413.C, 501 and 564.A.12 & 13, regarding the use of steel storage containers as an accessory use before and after a primary use being established on a property. Development Services Staff. HA# H17032
2. Development Services - Recommend to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control approval of a Series 09 Liquor Store (09130018) acquisition of control liquor license application, without protest, submitted by Michael Joseph Basha of Basha's Store No. 91, located at 105 S. Main St., Bagdad 86321.
3. Development Services - Recommend denial to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control of a Series 13 Farm Winery (13133057) liquor license application due to disallowed use, without protest, submitted by John Albert Rachel of Da Vines Vineyard, located at 2610 N. Dancing Apache Road, Cornville 86325.
1. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(1) to discuss and conduct performance appraisals of the Fleet Management Director, Public Defender, Geographic Information Systems Director and Medical Examiner.
2. Board of Supervisors- Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(7) to discuss or consult with designated representatives of the public body in order to consider its position and instruct its representatives regarding negotiations for the purchase, sale or lease of real property.
3. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(1) & (A)(3) to discuss or consider appointment and assignment of the Public Works Department Director and organizational structure of the Public Works Department.
1. Board of Supervisors - Consider such action as may be required regarding appointment and assignment of the Public Works Department Director and organizational structure of the Public Works Department.
COPIES OF THE AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ OFFICE, 1015 FAIR STREET, ROOM 310, PRESCOTT, ARIZONA, OR AT THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ COTTONWOOD OFFICE, 10 SOUTH 6TH STREET, COTTONWOOD, ARIZONA, AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY PRECEDING THE MEETING. THE AGENDA IS ALSO AVAILABLE AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON THURSDAY ON THE INTERNET AT: WWW.YAVAPAI.US . ANY AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGENDA WILL BE NOTICED AS PROVIDED IN A.R.S. 38-431.02 AND WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE MEETING RESULTS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE MEETING.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Board of Supervisors’ Office at (928) 771-3200, TDD# (928) 771-3530 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged.
Posted: , at : by