YAVAPAI COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY IMPROVEMENT
DISTRICTS, BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT, FREE LIBRARY DISTRICT
AND JAIL DISTRICT
Wednesday, September 6, 2017 - 9:00 A.M.
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor Yavapai County Administrative Services Building 1015 Fair Street, Prescott, Arizona
ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. THE ORDER OF ITEMS MAY BE MODIFIED AT THE MEETING. NOTE: ONE OR MORE BOARD MEMBERS MAY ATTEND TELEPHONICALLY. BOARD MEMBERS ATTENDING TELEPHONICALLY WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE MEETING.
HEARING AID DEVICES FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED ARE AVAILABLE AT BOTH BOARD HEARING ROOMS. REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD BE MADE AT LEAST THREE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE OF A SCHEDULED MEETING.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE by Pastor Joseph Berna, Bethel Baptist Church ROLL CALL
SUPERVISORS' REPORTS AND COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
Pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.02(K), individual Supervisors and the County Administrator may present brief summaries of current events but no discussion may occur and no action may be taken regarding anything that is presented.
1. Board of Supervisors - Presentation on the Arizona Geographic Information Council (AGIC) explaining how through cooperation and cross-jurisdictional partnerships AGIC facilitates the acquisition, exchange and management of geographic information and technology for enhanced decision support and citizen engagement. Curtis Pulford, Arizona State Land Department Cartographer
2. Board of Supervisors - Presentation by the Weaver Mountains Chamber of Commerce on their Regional Strategic Economic Development Plan.
3. Board of Supervisors - Brief update on Yavapai Regional Transit operations by Ron Romley, Chairman of Yavapai Regional Transit.
4. Public Works - Farm Bureau Awards Presentation for the Goodwin Fire Response on behalf of all participants.
1. Assessor - Approve one employee to take a county vehicle out of state to attend the 2017 IAAO Annual Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada from September 23 - 28, 2017.
2. Board of Supervisors - Approve minutes of meeting of August 16, 2017.
3. Board of Supervisors - Approve the appointment of Kathleen Yetman as a District 1 representative to the Food Safety Industry Council for a 3-year term. Term set to expire on June 30, 2020.
4. Board of Supervisors - Approve removal and appointment of precinct committeemen as recommended by the Yavapai County Republican Party, all as evidenced in Board Memorandum No. 2017-10.
5. Board of Supervisors - Approve execution of Corrective Deed correcting Warranty Deed dated April 27, 2010, executed pursuant to the Agreement for Purchase and Sale of Real Property and Amendment of 2000 Sale Agreement dated July 6, 2009, between Yavapai County and the Central Yavapai Hospital District.
6. Board of Supervisors - Approve Resolution cancelling the November 7, 2017 election for the Chino Valley Irrigation District and appoint to the Board of Directors, Connie Murphy, the applicant who filed a petition pursuant to A.R.S. §48-1012(E).
7. Board of Supervisors - Approve vouchers.
8. County Attorney - Approve Waiver of Conflict concerning Agreement for Hosted Services between Yavapai County, the Yavapai County School Superintendent, and Valley Academy for Career and Technology Education District No. 1.
9. Development Services - Approve a Renewal of a Use Permit to allow up to three outdoor vendors from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM in the Depot 89 convenience store parking lot on an approximate 2.27-acre parcel in a PAD (Planned Area Development) zoning district, subject to the previously approved stipulations.; Depot 89 Marketplace, Inc.; APN: 306-40-008K; HA# H17044; The property is located on the southwest corner of SR 89 and Sweet Valley Road in the Community of Paulden. S04 T17N R02W G&SRB&M. (District 4; Supervisor Brown)
10. Development Services - Approve a Wireless Use Permit Renewal for an existing approved 150 ft. tower on an approximate .34 acre or 18,730.8 sq. ft. parcel in a R1-18 (Residential; Single Family; 18,000 sq. ft. min.) zoning district, subject to the previously approved stipulations; Mayer Domestic Water Improvement District; Nicholas Caezza with American Tower Corp.; APN: 500-16-007E; HA# H17042. This property is located off of Pinto Street and approximately .2 miles from the intersection of Jefferson St. and Border St. in the community of Mayer. S26 T12N R01E G&SRB&M (District 2; Supervisor Thurman)
11. Elections - Approve Resolution of Cancellation of Special District Elections, pursuant to A.R.S.
§16-410 for the board member elections for the Domestic Waste Water Improvement Districts (DWWID) listed and appoint those candidates who filed their nomination paperwork in their respective districts and declare them elected.
12. Facilities - Approve an Agreement with Arrow Fire & Land Management LLC to provide an assessment of the Prescott Courthouse Plaza trees.
13. Flood Control District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Flood Control District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Approve a new on-call Professional Services Contract with Bender Consulting Services, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $10,000.00 for public outreach and training services relating to flood insurance and the National Flood Insurance Program.
14. Geographic Information Systems - Approve purchase of Google/Sanborn Aerial Images of various locations in Yavapai County for $34,201.46.
15. Human Resources - Approve a new job description for the Equipment Operator III position in Public Works.
16. Library District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Free Library District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Approve an Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) with the Town of Clarkdale for the purposes of reopening the Clark Memorial Library as a branch of the Library District.
17. Public Defender - Approve one (1) employee to take a county vehicle out of state to attend Capitol Mitigation training in Las Vegas, Nevada from September 7-10, 2017.
18. Public Works - Approve an additional full-time take-home vehicle for use in the position of Road Construction Supervisor in Public Works. The position will use an existing Roads Division vehicle. No county funds involved.
19. Public Works - Approve Amendment to Contract No. 97DSR-10820 between Yavapai County and Western Area Power Administration (WAPA) for the towers located on Mount Union for emergency communications to extend the Contract termination date to August 31, 2018 and allow for extra time to create a new twenty (20) year agreement (District 5 - Supervisor Smith)
20. Public Works - Approve Authorization of Services #1722552 with ATL-CMT (formerly known as ATL, Inc.) in the amount not to exceed $8,665.00 for geotechnical pavement investigation of Prescott East Highway (District 5 - Supervisor Smith)
21. Public Works - Award contract to BJ's Excavation, Inc. in the total amount of $345,500.00 for Yuma Drive Improvement Project in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1619417 (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
22. Public Works - Approve Authorization of Services #1722553 with Engineering & Testing Consultants, Inc. (ETC) in the amount not to exceed $8,520.00 for quality control testing on the upcoming Yuma Drive Improvement Project in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1619417 (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
23. Public Works - Approve Change Order #1 (Final) with Cactus Asphalt, A Division of Cactus Transport, Inc. in the decreased amount of $14,232.44 for Scrub Seal (Summer - FY 2016/2017) in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1719376 (District 1 - Supervisor Simmons; District 2 - Supervisor Thurman; District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
24. Public Works - Approve Change Order #1 (Final) with Asphalt Paving & Supply, Inc. in the decreased amount of $86,403.82 for Chip Seal (Summer, FY 2016/2017) in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1722008. Multiple locations (All districts)
25. Public Works - Approve Change Order #2 (Final) with Asphalt Paving & Supply, Inc.in the decreased amount of $154,167.21 for Overlay (Western, FY 2016-2017) in Yavapai County, AZ -Project #1619215 (District 1 - Supervisor Simmons; District 2 - Supervisor Thurman; District 5 - Supervisor Smith)
26. Public Works - Approve a contribution in the amount of $15,000.00 to the Yavapai Regional Transit (YRT) (District 4 - Supervisors Brown)
27. Public Works - Approve purchase of (2) replacement sanders in the amount of $34,834.70 for Public Works.
28. Public Works - Approve the purchase to replace and install (3) underground fuel storage tanks from Eaton Sales & Service LLC. (District 4 - Supervisor Brown)
29. Public Works - Approve temporary employment of Noel Bossen, Accounting Specialist with the Emergency Management Division, due to an unexpected absence of the current employee.
30. Public Works - Award contract to sole bidder for Supply and Deliver Solid De-Icer Material in Yavapai County, AZ - Contract #1722021(All districts)
31. Public Works - Award contract to Paveco, Inc. in the total amount of $1,307,506.34 for Overlay Project (Eastern, FY 2017/2018) in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1722040 (District 2 - Supervisor Thurman; District 3 - Supervisor Garrison)
32. Public Works - Appoint the following nominated people to the Yavapai County Unified Emergency Management Advisory Committee: Chino Valley, Chief Charles Wynn, Chino Valley PD; Prescott Valley, SGT Michael Williams, Prescott Valley PD; Sedona, Chief David McGill, Sedona PD
33. Public Works - Approve request by City of Prescott to convey parcels 800-17-021E & 023W to them to allow for continuity of the area right of way and maintain access to the City's North Peavine Trailhead. No county funds involved (District 5 - Supervisor Smith)
34. School Superintendent - Approve Agreement between State of Arizona, Governor's Office of Youth, Faith, and Family and the Yavapai County School Superintendent for Substance Use Prevent Program NO. IGA-SABG-GR-18-070117-13
35. School Superintendent - Approve Yavapai County School Superintendent’s program for the consolidation of substitute teachers between the following school districts: Kirkland School District and Bagdad Unified School District.
36. Sheriff - Approve two (2) employees to attend the Arizona Department of Corrections (AZDOC) K-9 Academy Handler training course in Tucson, Arizona from October 30, 2017 through December 28, 2017.
37. Sheriff - Approve four (4) employees to attend the Arizona Homicide Investigators Association training conference in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 2-5, 2017, and take two county vehicles out of state.
1. Board of Supervisors - Approve Proclamation declaring September 15, 2017 as POW/MIA Recognition Day in Yavapai County.
2. Board of Supervisors - Discussion and possible action regarding a proposal to display of POW/MIA tribute flag outside of County Administration buildings in Prescott and Cottonwood for the month of September, 2017.
3. Board of Supervisors - Approve Proclamation declaring the week of September 17-23, 2017, as "Constitution Week" in Yavapai County. All Yavapai County Chapters of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution: General George Crook Chapter, Prescott; Oak Creek Chapter, Sedona; Yavapai Chapter, Prescott Valley.
4. Board of Supervisors - Approve a Resolution of the Board of Supervisors of Yavapai County, Arizona, stating its intention to incur long term obligations in one or more series of not to exceed $17,300,000.00 aggregate principal amount for the purpose of refinancing to pay the entire balance of the County's lease obligations under a lease agreement dated as of May 15, 2008, as amended, incurred to finance the costs of the Verde Valley Superior Court Building and the Juvenile Detention Facility in Prescott Lakes; authorizing the execution and delivery of agreements in connection therewith; authorizing other actions and matters in connection therewith.
5. Human Resources - Approve revisions to Human Resources Policies and Procedures 1.05 and 3.01, as well as approve a new policy, 6.09.
1. Development Services - Approve Extinguishment of a PAD (Planned Area Development) to the underlying RCU-2A (Residential; Rural; 2-acre minimum lot size) zoning district consisting of approximately 109-acre portion of the 329-acre project known as the Antelope Creek Subdivision., Development Services Staff; Marilyn J Zanin Survivors Trust; APN: 201-17-011L; HA# H17039. Located on the east side of SR 89, approximately 3.5 miles south of the SR 89/71 intersection in the Community of Congress. S13 T09N R06W G&SRB&M. (District 1- Supervisor Simmons)
2. Development Services - Approve a Use Permit to allow for the development of two RV pads for guests on a vacant parcel on an approximate .31-acre parcel in a R1-18 (Rural, Residential, Single Family, 18,000 square foot min. lot size) zoning district., subject to recommended stipulations; David and Debra Valnes; APN: 201-25-006E; HA# H17035. The property is located on the south side of W Ranch Road and approximately 165 ft. south west of the intersection of W Ranch Road and S Ghost Town Road in the community of Congress. S26 T10N R06W G&SRB&M (District 1; Supervisor Simmons)
3. Development Services - Recommend to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control approval of a Series 06 Bar (06130037) liquor license application without protest submitted by Tracie Clamp as agent for Arrowhead Bar and Grub, LLC, located at 25575 N. Highway 89, Congress, 85332 (District 1 - Supervisor Simmons)
1. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(3) and (A)(4) for legal advice/consultation pertaining to a submission of a proposed lease between the Sedona-Oak Creek Airport Authority and Guidance Aviation for approval by the Board of Supervisors.
2. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(3) and for legal advice/consultation regarding Dakota Territories v. Yavapai County.
3. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(1) to discuss and conduct performance appraisals of the Elections Director, Library District Director, Public Fiduciary and Human Resources/Risk Management Director.
1. Board of Supervisors – Consider such action as may be required regarding a proposed lease agreement between the Sedona-Oak Creek Airport Authority and Guidance Aviation.
2. Board of Supervisors - Consider such action as may be required for legal advice/consultation regarding Dakota Territories v. Yavapai County.
COPIES OF THE AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ OFFICE, 1015 FAIR STREET, ROOM 310, PRESCOTT, ARIZONA, OR AT THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ COTTONWOOD OFFICE, 10 SOUTH 6TH STREET, COTTONWOOD, ARIZONA, AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY PRECEDING THE MEETING. THE AGENDA IS ALSO AVAILABLE AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON THURSDAY ON THE INTERNET AT: WWW.YAVAPAI.US . ANY AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGENDA WILL BE NOTICED AS PROVIDED IN A.R.S. 38-431.02 AND WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE MEETING RESULTS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE MEETING.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Board of Supervisors’ Office at (928) 771-3200, TDD# (928) 771-3530 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged.
Posted: , at : by