YAVAPAI COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY IMPROVEMENT
DISTRICTS, BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT, FREE LIBRARY DISTRICT
AND JAIL DISTRICT
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 9:00 A.M.
Yavapai County Administrative Services Verde Valley Complex Hearing Room, First Floor
10 South 6th Street, Cottonwood, Arizona
ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. THE ORDER OF ITEMS MAY BE MODIFIED AT THE MEETING. NOTE: ONE OR MORE BOARD MEMBERS MAY ATTEND TELEPHONICALLY. BOARD MEMBERS ATTENDING TELEPHONICALLY WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE MEETING.
HEARING AID DEVICES FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED ARE AVAILABLE AT BOTH BOARD HEARING ROOMS. REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD BE MADE AT LEAST THREE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE OF A SCHEDULED MEETING.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE by Pastor Mark Stafford, Canyon Bible Church
SUPERVISORS' REPORTS AND COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
1. Board of Supervisors - Presentation of Prop 202 funding from the Yavapai Apache Nation for Verde Valley area organizations to be divided between the Arc $3,476.60, Verde Valley Water Festival $3,476.60 and Beaver Creek Buggy $3,476.60.
2. Community Health Services - Presentation of 2016 Golden Plate Awards to food establishments in East Yavapai County.
CONSENT AGENDA (Routine items that may all be approved by one motion.)
1. Board of Supervisors- Approve minutes of meeting of March 1, 2017.
2. Board of Supervisors - Approve appointment and removal of precinct committeemen as recommended by the Yavapai County Democratic Party, all as evidenced in Board Memorandum No. 2017-02.
3. Board of Supervisors- Approve vouchers.
4. Community Health Services - Accept grant funding in the amount of $21,750.00 from Health Choice Integrated Care for the MAKES SENSE program.
5. Community Health Services - Accept grant funding in the amount of $21,750.00 from Health Choice Integrated Care for the Y-Care program.
6. Development Services - Approve a Replat of a Final Plat to clarify Tract H and add signature lines to the Plat cover, for a subdivision consisting of approximately 111 acres in an RCU-2A (Residential; Rural; 2 acre minimum) and R1-12 (Residential; Single Family; 12,000 sq. ft. minimum) zoning districts. La Merra Holdings LLC; APN#408-31-297 thru 349; HA# H17014; Located South of Red Rock Loop Road at the end of Loy Lane in the Red Rock/Dry Creek Community area. S27 & 34 T17N R5E G&SRB&M. (District 3, Supervisor Garrison)
7. Development Services - Approve Final Plat for the Mystic Heights Development to allow for 37 residential lots and 6 tracts on approximately 40.7 acres in a R1L-35 (Residential; Single Family Limited) zoning district, Mystic Heights Development Corporation, Douglas W. Hawkins, APN: 408-12-027B, C, D, and -021; HA# H15069. Located at the end of Chavez Ranch Road west of the City of Sedona off of Red Rock Loop Road. S24 and 25 T17N R5E G&SRB&M. (District 3, Supervisor Garrison)
8. Public Works - Approve Authorization of Services # 1719428 with Ninyo & Moore in the total amount of $ 34,325.00 for quality control testing on Overlay Project (Western - FY 2016/2017) in Yavapai County, AZ - Project #1619215. (District 1, Supervisor Simmons; District 2, Supervisor Thurman; District 5, Supervisor Smith)
9. Public Works - Approve Change Order #1 (Final) with Combs Construction Company in the increased amount of $29,570.44 for the Sedona Airport Terminal Parking Lot and Airport Road Reconstruction in Yavapai County, AZ, Project #1519161. (District 3, Supervisor Garrison)
10. Public Works - Approve removal of fuel tank at the Dewey office. (District 2, Supervisor Thurman)
11. Public Works - Approve Solid Waste Department's Purchase of Three (3) 8' x 10' Open Bay High Security Offices with Forklift Capability, Yavapai County, Arizona - Contract #1719325 for the Congress, Seligman, and Skull Valley Solid Waste Transfer Stations (District 1, Supervisor Simmons and District 4, Supervisor Brown)
12. Public Works - Award contract to the sole bidder at various unit prices for Guardrail Repair and Installation in Yavapai County, AZ - Contract #1719330. (All districts)
13. Public Works - Award contracts to all bidders at various unit prices for Supply or Supply and Deliver Hot Asphaltic Concrete in Yavapai County, AZ; Contract #1719331. (All districts)
14. Public Works - Award contract to Asphalt Paving & Supply Inc., in the total amount of $1,273,199.77 for Overlay Project (Western - FY 2016/2017) in Yavapai County, AZ – Project #1619215. Diamond Valley (District 5, Supervisor Smith); Milton Avenue; Skyline Drive; West Way (District 1, Supervisor Simmons); and Cherry Creek Road (District 2, Supervisor Thurman)
15. Sheriff - Approve one employee to attend training for Objective Pre-Employment Interviewing on April 4-5, 2017 in Peoria, AZ.
16. Sheriff - Approval for four (4) employees to attend the Tac Ops West Conference in Las Vegas, NV on May 10-12, 2017 and take two county vehicles out of state.
17. Sheriff - Approve a 5-year contract with Taser International for the purchase of four (4) body cameras for the K-9 Unit.
1. Board of Supervisors - Approve a Proclamation declaring April to be Fair Housing month in Yavapai County as part of the Community Development Block Grant Program. Phil Bourdon, County Administrator
2. Board of Supervisors - Request approval for a Partner Sponsorship of $500.00 for the Verde River State of the Watershed Conference on May 10-11, 2017.
1. Development Services - Approval of a Zoning Map Change from C1-3 (Commercial; Neighborhood Sales and Services) and R1-18 (Residential; Single Family) to C2 (Commercial; General Sales and Services) to allow for the development of a 23 space RV park on an approximate 2.51-acre parcel subject to the attached stipulations. Shelley M. Heddings; Tanner McDonald; APN: 405-24-007J; HA# H16096. The property is located on the south side Beaver Creek Road in the Community of Rimrock. S35 T15N R5E G&SRB&M. (District 2, Supervisor Thurman)
2. Development Services - Recommend to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control approval of a Series 11 (#11133039) license application without protest submitted by Andrea Lewkowitz, on behalf of Hilton Management, LLC, of Hilton Sedona Resort located at 90 Ridge Trail Drive, Sedona, AZ 86351.
3. Development Services - Recommend to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control disapproval of a Series 13 (13133054) license application submitted by John W. Richmond IV of Randr Sustainable, Inc. located at 2880 W. Rattlesnake Road, Ash Fork, AZ 86320.
1. Human Resources - Discussion of Arizona's new Paid Sick Leave Law and recommended changes to County policy to ensure compliance.
COPIES OF THE AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ OFFICE, 1015 FAIR STREET, ROOM 310, PRESCOTT, ARIZONA, OR AT THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ COTTONWOOD OFFICE, 10 SOUTH 6TH STREET, COTTONWOOD, ARIZONA, AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY PRECEDING THE MEETING. THE AGENDA IS ALSO AVAILABLE AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON THURSDAY ON THE INTERNET AT: WWW.YAVAPAI.US . ANY AMENDMENTS TO THIS AGENDA WILL BE NOTICED AS PROVIDED IN A.R.S. 38-431.02 AND WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE MEETING RESULTS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE MEETING.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Board of Supervisors’ Office at (928) 771-3200, TDD# (928) 771-3530 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged.
Posted: , at : by