YAVAPAI COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY IMPROVEMENT
DISTRICTS, BOARDS OF DIRECTORS OF YAVAPAI COUNTY FLOOD CONTROL DISTRICT, FREE LIBRARY DISTRICT
AND JAIL DISTRICT WEDNESDAY, MARCH 1, 2017-9:00 A.M.
Board of Supervisors' Hearing Room, First Floor Yavapai County Administrative Services Building 1015 Fair Street, Prescott, Arizona
ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. THE ORDER OF ITEMS MAY BE MODIFIED AT THE MEETING. NOTE: ONE OR MORE BOARD MEMBERS MAY ATTEND TELEPHONICALLY. BOARD MEMBERS ATTENDING TELEPHONICALLY WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE MEETING.
HEARING AID DEVICES FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED ARE AVAILABLE AT BOTH BOARD HEARING ROOMS. REQUEST FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES SHOULD BE MADE AT LEAST THREE WORKING DAYS IN ADVANCE OF A SCHEDULED MEETING.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE by Pastor Wendy Swanson, PV United Methodist Church
SUPERVISORS' REPORTS AND COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR'S REPORT
1. Board of Supervisors - Presentation of $19,000.00 from the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors to the Arizona Wildfire and Incident Management Academy (AWIMA) for scholarships in memory of the Granite Mountain Hot Shots.
2. Board of Supervisors - Presentation regarding the Northern Arizona University campus in Prescott Valley. Overview to include history, staffing, enrollment, programs and future of the campus.
3. Community Health Services - Presentation of 2016 Golden Plate Awards to food establishments in West Yavapai County.
CONSENT AGENDA (Routine items that may all be approved by one motion.)
1. Board of Supervisors - Approve minutes of February 15, 2017
2. Board of Supervisors - Approve submission of an application for grant funding through the Arizona Community Foundation for replication of Lady Ermintrude. (District 1, Supervisor Simmons)
3. Board of Supervisors - Approve vouchers
4. Development Services - Approve appointment of Leah Genovese as a Deputy Land Use Specialist.
5. Development Services - Approval of Amended Delegation Agreement between the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) and Yavapai County Development Services (YCDS)-Environmental Unit (EU), returning the duties pertaining to the permitting and enforcement of Public and Semi-Public Swimming Pools and Spas to ADEQ.
6. Development Services - Approval of a Use Permit Amendment to allow for the continued operation of an American Legion post with service of alcohol and food with special events and meetings on an approximate 1.55-acre parcel in a RCU-2A (Residential, Single Family, 2-acre min lot size) zoning district. Wickes Family Trust; American Legion Post 139; APN:
204-04-064P; HA# H16090. The property is located between S Gladiator Mine Road and E Crown King Road, approx. 2,000 ft. northwest of the intersection of E Crown King Road and Main Street in the Crown King area. S14 T10N R01W G&SRB&M. (District 2, Supervisor Thurman)
7. Development Services - Approve renewal of a Wireless Use Permit to allow the continued operation of an approved 150 ft. tower on approximate .92-acre parcel in a RCU-2A (Residential; Single Family; 2 acre minimum) zoning district. Coconino Arizona ESA Limited Partnership; Nicholas Caezza with American Tower; 500-03-001; HA#17005. This parcel is on Black Mesa east of the Bumble Bee Interchange and south of the Sunset Point Rest Area which is north of Black Canyon City. S36 T12N R01E G&SRB&M (Supervisor District 2, Tom Thurman)
8. Development Services - Approve an Extension of Time to Record the Final Plats for Phases 5, 6 & 7 of Whispering Canyon in a Planned Area Development (PAD) zoning district to allow 105 lots on an approximately 110.394-acre portion for the project known as Whispering Canyon, Yavapai Title Agency – Trust 382, Tim Emberlin, APNs: Portions of 306-35-010F, 010S, 633A, & 633D; HA# H17006, HA# H17007, HA# H17008. Located approximately 2.5 miles North of Outer Loop Road and approximately 1-mile West of Williamson Valley Road in the Williamson Valley area. S33 & 34 T16N R03W G&SRB&M (District 4; Supervisor Brown)
9. Development Services - Approve a Third Extension of Time to Record the Final Plat for Bensch Ranch Estates Unit 3 consisting of 79 single family residential lots on an approximate 111-acre portion of a 549-acre property zoned PAD (Planned Area Development) for an additional three (3) years, Bensch Ranch Estates, LLC, APN: 500-25-021K; HA# H17009. Located at the south side of SR69 between Spring Valley and Mayer. S6 T11N R2E and S31 T12N R2E G&SRB&M (District 2, Supervisor Thurman)
10. Flood Control District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Flood Control District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors - Approve out of state travel and costs associated with meals only for Flood Control District Director Dan Cherry to attend a national conference on floodplain management in Kansas City, MO, hosted by the Association of State Floodplain Mangers on April 30th- May 5th, 2017.
11. Flood Control District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Flood Control District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors – Approve a professional services contract with Atkins North America, Inc. for the restudy of the flood hazard mapping for Oak Creek and its major tributaries in Yavapai and Coconino Counties, in an amount of $1,199,990.00, funded by a Cooperating Technical Partners Grant from FEMA. (Districts 2 and 3, Supervisor Thurman and Supervisor Garrison)
12. Flood Control District - The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Flood Control District, and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors – Approve Change Order #1 to a contract with Civiltec Engineering, Inc. in the total amount of $20,065.00 for additional utility locating work as part of the Ho Kay Gan Area Drainage Master Study and Improvements, Yavapai County, AZ; Project #FC0176. (District 4, Supervisor Brown)
13. Library District –The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Free Library District and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Approve the acceptance of State Grant in Aid (SGIA) funds in the amount of $23,000.00 from the Arizona State Library, Archives, and Public Records; and approve expending $24,164.87 on furniture, software, and services that fall within the grant expenditure guidelines.
14. Public Works - Approve the dates for the 2017 annual free slash disposal program to be conducted April 1 to June 1, 2017, at Yavapai County Solid Waste Transfer Stations. (All Districts)
15. Public Works - Approve Yavapai County participation in the Prescott Valley Community Cleanup on May 6, 2017, to be paid from existing budgeted Sold Waste Division funds. (District 5, Supervisor Smith)
16. Public Works - Approve the addition of McIntosh Drive in the Williamson Valley Area and Earl Drive in the Sedona Area to the Public Works FY 2016/17 Road Upgrade List. To be paid from existing HURF budgeted funds. (District 4, Supervisor Brown and District 3, Supervisor Garrison)
17. Public Works - Approve an in-kind donation in an amount not to exceed $20,000.00 to construct a parking lot at the City of Prescott Pickleball Courts at Pioneer Parkway off Willow Creek Road. (District 4, Supervisor Brown)
18. School Superintendent - Approve agreement between Yavapai County School Superintendent and Blue School District # 22 for E-Rate Consulting Services.
19. Sheriff - Approval for Captain Newnum to take one county vehicle out of state to attend the Western States Sheriff's Association Annual Conference in Reno, NV from March 6, 2017 to March 9, 2017.
1. Board of Supervisors - Discussion and possible action regarding legislative updates.
2. Human Resources - Consider approval for the Human Resources department to enter into an agreement with Public Sector Personnel Consultants to conduct a county-wide Classification and Compensation study.
1. Community Health Services - Hearing to consider changes in the fees for Environmental Health services pursuant to A.R.S. §11-251.05, §11-251.08, §11-251.13 and §36-187.
2. Development Services - Recommend to the Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control approval of a Series 13 (13133055) license application without protest submitted by Kanin Josif Routson of Arizona Cider LLC located at 11600 W. Fair Oaks Road, Prescott, AZ 86305.
3. Public Works - Hearing to renew an existing telephone franchise agreement between Yavapai County and Table Top Telephone, Inc. (District 1 and District 4, Supervisors Simmons and Brown)
1. Jail District –The Board of Supervisors will resolve into the Board of Directors of the Yavapai County Jail District and following consideration of this item will reconvene as the Board of Supervisors. Study session to discuss the Yavapai County Jail District and related sales tax.
1. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A)(3) and A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A)(4) for legal advice, consultation and update on pending tax appeals filed by Phoenix Cement in tax years 2012 through 2016.
2. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03 (A)(3) for legal advice/consultation on Humphrey, et al. v. State of Arizona.
3. Board of Supervisors - Convene into executive session pursuant to A.R.S. §38-431.03(A)(1) and (A)(3) for personnel matters.
1. Board of Supervisors – Consider such action as may be required regarding pending the pending tax appeals filed by Phoenix Cement in tax years 2012 through 2016.
2. Board of Supervisors - Consider such action as may be required regarding Humphrey, et al.
v. State of Arizona.
3. Board of Supervisors - Consider such action as may be required regarding personnel matters.
COPIES OF THE AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE IN THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ OFFICE, 1015 FAIR STREET, ROOM 310, PRESCOTT, ARIZONA, OR AT THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS’ COTTONWOOD OFFICE, 10 SOUTH 6TH STREET, COTTONWOOD, ARIZONA, AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY PRECEDING THE MEETING. THE AGENDA IS ALSO AVAILABLE AFTER 2:00 P.M. ON THURSDAY ON THE INTERNET AT: WWW.YAVAPAI.US . ANY AMENDMENTS TO
THIS AGENDA WILL BE NOTICED AS PROVIDED IN A.R.S. 38-431.02 AND WILL BE REFLECTED IN THE MEETING
RESULTS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE FOLLOWING THE MEETING.
Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors endeavors to ensure the accessibility of its meetings to all persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation for a meeting, please contact the Board of Supervisors’ Office at (928) 771-3200, TDD# (928) 771-3530 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (not including weekends or holidays) so that an accommodation can be arranged.
Posted: , at : by